Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Extreme Couponing

To the lady in front of me at Giant - I don't know what came over me. We all have those silly thoughts that run through our heads sometimes, but we dare not say aloud, and I think somehow my wires got a little crossed. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my behavior, which I can assure you was a complete anomaly and will never happen again.

In case you forgot: You handed the cashier a coupon for something or other and she replied back to you, "this has expired." You seemed a bit flustered. Perhaps it was the slightly rude way in which the check-out lady said it. Perhaps the 23 cents off your Lean Cuisine was going to make or break your bank. Either way, I assure you, what happened next was an honest mistake. Why I proceeded to yell, "OH! In your face!" is beyond me. I thought the words in my head, joking as I often do, but the synapses weren't firing correctly or something. It was instinct in its purest form.

Believe me, I was just as embarrassed as you were, perhaps even more so, as the three of us (you, the cashier, and me) stared at each other in bewilderment. Talk about feeling like an eternity! My apologies, bargain shopper, for I hope that your full-priced butternut squash ravioli was able to make a comforting home in your belly and that maybe we can put this whole "incident" behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment